Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Polka-Not to Ploka-Hot

I started with this polka dotted number. It was decent to begin with just needed some slight changes.
I didn't touch the length because it was already bordering on too short. I added elastic to the waistband to give it more of a shape. I had to take the sleeves off because they were an awkward length and it's hot here! 
The different pattern pieces are pockets!! I'm a sucker for dresses with pockets! 
Please ignore the tree stand it was right after christmas😂😬 
Thanks for looking and if you want to see more refashions and more step by step photos head on over to My blog


jennifer elliott said...

I'm a sucker for dots! Love the new dress -- perfect for hot weather.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

I like the dots too. The new waist is great too.

RePurposeFul said...

It looks fabulous! I am also a nut for pockets :)

Ivy Dewett said...

Thanks! It's always hot here🙄

Ivy Dewett said...

I like this one it's nice and simple:)

Ivy Dewett said...

Pockets just make life easier:)

Erica Moody said...

I looked at the before picture and went "what? you can't do anything with that weird dress."
Scroll down..."Well, what do you know, she did it!"

Ivy Dewett said...

Thanks! Sometimes I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them either haha