Thursday, July 20, 2017

Faux Embroidery Refashion


I whipped up this refashion just in time for summer. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of embroidered blouses this summer and I wanted to create my own. I had this embroidered blouse in my closet that I got in Mexico about 10 years ago. I wanted to update the style to make it trendier. Recently, I had bought some fabric markers and hadn't put them to use. I realized I could create my own "faux embroidery" with them. 

After I drew on my embroidered design, I cut some length off, added some elastic, and to finish it off I sewed on some pom pom trim.


TA DA!
For the full tutorial and more photos visit Sew Much Love, Mary



With Sew Much Love, Mary

5 comments:

Michelle Paganini said...

very clever!

whatthesew said...

Looks very colourful and pretty.

RanchHouse said...

Love the pom poms. Were they aadded? Shirt and styling are perfect as always.

Chickie Walsh said...

I love the new look. It is very pretty and it has a nice boho vibe.
Chickie EOD

Marisa Glied said...

I love everything about this! You always look so cute in your refashions! Great job!

-TheRefashStash