Friday, September 29, 2017

Maxi Skirt Refash

I can't tell you how excited I am to share this refashion with you guys! Although, I cannot take all of the creative credit for this one. I owe it all to Jilian Owens over at refashionista.net She is where I got the inspiration for this one!
For this refash I went back to my Kentucky Derby post....
DSCN1256Remember me?
I re-purposed a maxi skirt into a strapless maxi dress! This was a no sew refash but not I am using it for a Sew Refash! It's a twofer!DSCN1260
I just can't get enough of this chevron pattern!

DSCN1301
I began this refash by cutting off 5 inches off the length to make a short dress.
DSCN1302
Whelp, I figured that I didn't cut enough and went in for another chop!
And then of course I cut too much at the second attempt which made my new dress into a long shirt. Oh well, not a huge mistake.DSCN1305
I used the thickest scrap I cut from the bottom of the dress and sewed  2 new hems (on the top and bottom).
I then pinned the ends of the scrap to each side of the front of my shirt. This created the scrap to drape across my shoulders. The Refashionista called this a cowl but I think it is more of a reverse cowl. Either way, it turned out super cool!
IMG_0176[384]IMG_0179[385]
Even though I hoped this would be a dress I am happy with it as a long shirt!

Check out The Refashionista's post that inspired my own post: Refashionista.net
IMG_0181[388]
Again, Happy 30th Jess! Thanks so letting us celebrate with you!

IMG_0180[386]
My hubby painted the beer mug and I painted the wine glasses! We had so much fun!

Happy Refashioning!!!!

Check out my stash of refashes on my blog: therefashstash.com

No comments: