Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Green chiffon for summer

We have wonderfully warm summery weather at the moment, and I lacked dresses for this weather. So I went "shopping" my shelves with clothes for refashions. 
I found this thrift shop chiffon dress last year, and loved it. It had so much potential.
In the photo you also see the reason why straight-up-and-clothes is not a good look for me. The dress was also too big, a size XXL.




- I took the dress in at the sides from waist up to arm holes.
- I refitted the arm holes, so they fit me better.
- I made two darts at the back to make the dress more fitted there.
- And then I put a little piece of string in the side seam, either side of the overlay piece. That way I can pull the overlay to the side, and fasten it, and get this toga-style.


When the overlay is pulled to the side, a belt works really well with this dress.



2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

I love the way it wraps around. It is so pretty. And clever.
Chickie

Maria said...

Gorgeous remake & figure-flattering.