Friday, August 07, 2020

The Leggings Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. How are you doing? I am still working through the refashion pile during this Corona time and decided to put this "skirt" together with these leggings. It is not really a skirt. It is the lower half of a sad dress. It needed a waistband to be a skirt. These leggings were getting a bit old and thin so I thought it would be a good pairing.
This is the "skirt" piece. It was slit on both sides. I sewed one side shut and open up the other side. I wanted a wrap skirt.


I attached the skirt to the inside of the leggings. Then I stitched the waist down on the outside. I think this is a method Saga wrote about and it is now one of my favorite ways to make a quick elastic waistband.
I saw the the leggings were longer than I thought they would be. I shortened the leggings too.

I liked my wrap skirt and I like the idea of having leggings underneath if I get wild at the playground.
(I have a 5 year old. It could happen.)
This black leggings skirt didn't photograph well. Here is a very bright picture that shows the skirt better.
Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.