Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pillowcase to PJ's

Elliott and I have both been full of cold these past few days. So while he slept yesterday afternoon, I whipped him up something cosy to snuggle up in for the evening..
I'd thrifted this vintage flannelette pillowcase a week or two ago with plans to make him some cosy Mini Boden'esque PJ bottoms. I just LOVE flannelette/brushed cotton. Unrivalled in terms of cosiness on chilly winter nights, in my humble opinion. I planned to use a pair of his jeans to draft a basic pattern...


Then I remembered this PDF pattern from Made. Score! I made a few minor changes in terms of size/length and then joined the front and back piece together and cut them as one. Less cutting, less sewing! This way I needed to cut only 2 pattern pieces instead of 4, which negated the need to sew any side seams. Just the crotch seams, front and back, and the inseam.


He loves them but they only just fit him in the waist. Ooops. I miscalculated seam allowances, doh! Easily rectified on the next go. They're so soft and cosy though and only took about 40mins to make including pattern alterations. Which is just as well because leaning over a cutting table and sewing machine when you've got a runny nose is not fun!
Px

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Such a cutie!!

Sabine said...

That's so cute!

La La Lauren!!! said...

So cute!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty