Thursday, August 30, 2012

2-Minute T-Shirt upcycle - Sleeve Headband

This is an amazingly easy (and effective!) way to make a headband for taming long or wild hair. My partner is growing his hair long for the first time (nothing to do with my influence, honest! :p) and it’s getting to the point where he finds the bits in his face a bit annoying. This is an idea suggested by a friend of his – using the sleeve of an old tshirt as a headband.

I started with an old t-shirt which had already had bits chopped off it for other projects


Chopped off one sleeve, removed the hem (this would not always be necessary but i started with a fairly small t-shirt so the sleeve wouldn't fit with the hem stopping it from stretching!) and cut it down to make a headband about 3" wide. The underarm seam goes at the back of the neck when you have the headband on. I left the black one plain for my boyfriend and made a pink one for me which i decorated with some scraps and a button. Finished products:


If you would like a bit more detail on what i did you can find it here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, I've made a few of these before too, using t-shirt scraps leftover from refashions.

Erica EOD

Julia said...

What great timing, I'm in need of some headbands!
Thanks for the quick tute!
Julia