Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another sweater gone

Flushed with the success of my first sweater to cardigan refashion, I did another one.

This jumper has shrunk over the years, but I still love the colour, and the design is back in fashion again!

My photographer was out and I couldn't wait to get started, but it looked a bit like this.






I went for the denim trim this time. Found a couple of discarded short sleeves with cuffs. Cut off the cuffs, snipped the underarm seam, and opened one seam to make a flat strip. Cut the sweater up the centre front and pinned and stitched the strips to enclose the raw edges. Made buttonholes and buttons. Tidied the top and bottom by hand.





Close up of the buttons.

Much more wearable than a sweater!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

That is clever. I like the placket made from a cuff.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Looks great Frances, much nicer as a cardi

Erica, Editor on Duty

kristel said...

I love this idea! I have so many sweaters I don't wear and not enough cardigans, I will definitely be giving this a go soon.