Monday, February 25, 2013

Shirt Dress...


Hi, Pam here from Threading My Way.

Take a man's dress shirt, combine it with a woman's blouse and you have everything you need to make a cute, little girl's dress... no need to buy anything.


For this refashion, I've used a man's 100% cotton shirt and a woman's stretch blouse. I've thrown the label out, but I'm assuming the blouse is cotton/spandex, as it's very similar to my Zumba pants. Even though the two were made from different fabrics, I knew the colour combination would work. 


Basically...
  • make a bodice
  • neaten the neckline
  • add sleeves
  • construct the skirt and attach to the bodice

You'll find more detailed instructions on how to refashion two shirts into a dress, over at Threading My Way.

Here's the back of the dress...


and the front...


This would have to be one of my favourite refashions. I'm thrilled with how it turned out!!!
My latest dress refashion will be joining the 240+ dresses already linked up to the Dresses for Girls link party, at Threading My Way and to the Clothes Recycling Collection over at Creating My Way to Success.

... Pam

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Pam this is stunning! No wonder you're so thrilled at how this one turned out. Great linky party too!

Erica, Editor on Duty

Unknown said...

Gorgeous little dress.

Corina said...

Freaking adorable!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Wow you did fantastic on this!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments...

Adele said...

Too cute!!

- Adele @ Mammy Made

Unknown said...

Such a cool idea. Neat linky party too - will have to check it out for ideas for my daughter.
Eddie