Thursday, September 19, 2013

Refashion With Fabric Paint




This inspiration for this Duck shirt refashion came from my Son. One day  he was having a tantrum and threw his lunch on me. I had to change my shirt after his food tossing behavior.. The clean tshit I put on had a picture of a bird on it(he has a duck obsession)as I changed he stopped crying. He started yelling with excitement  DUCK! DUCK! DUCK! and pointing and laughing at the duck on my shirt. That is when I had my light-bulb moment. I knew I must make him a duck shirt

I got this old hand-me-down out of the, to be refashioned box. I bleached it up until it was white.

Next I mixed up my fabric paint, you can find fabric paint mixing directions here

Next I got a stencil and taped it under the shirt. 
You can find the full step by step directions here on my blog




My Duck shirt turned out so great that I am going to be fabric painting some adult clothing soon!
I hope you like this duck shirt tutorial

Oh and if you like to refashion I have an open invitation for all refashistas to come show off their refashions here on this community pinboard all are welcome

2 comments:

IWOM said...

Well, who doesn't love a little drama involving a duck?

IWOM: EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very cute.