Thursday, September 19, 2013

Warming up to Autumn

I'm coming to terms with the fact that autumn is well and truly here. And well and truly wet and cold, where i am at least! So here are a few refashions for the colder months.

I started with a thrifted black polo neck jumper, and a red one half chopped up already from another project




plus another red jumper and some black lace fabric left over from something years ago. I also had a few bits of red and black tshirt fabric which i cut into strips to use as edging.

I cut off the original necklines from the red and black jumpers, folded contrasting tshirt fabric strips over the raw edges and stitched it in place, to stop my new necklines from fraying. I used the same tshirt fabric to make ruffled cuffs for the sleeves.

I cut large heart shapes from the red knit scraps and the black lace, and appliqued them onto the front of the jumpers. On the red jumper i used more black tshirt scraps to create a ruffle all around the heart.
IMG_2638IMG_2634

Next is a lovely fluffy warm cardigan , to which i've added crocheted flare cuffs and button placket, and changed up the buttons so they are all different.
IMG_2783
My final autumn refashion is another adaptation, of a knit tank top which i have modified by cutting down the neckline (as it was ridiculously tight) and finishing with tshirt fabric again, and done the same to the bottom hem which was coming undone, then decorated liberally with buttons!

IMG_2794

IMG_2626

As usual, more details on the blog :) xx

3 comments:

Sandy said...

these are great. I have some too tight neck turtlenecks that need this treatment.
Sandy in the UK

IWOM said...

Yikes. I am tired just reading that list of re-fs! You're making the rest of us look lazy!

;-)

IWOM: EOD

Dk's Wife said...

Love all your refashions!