Thursday, September 30, 2021

WalMart Refash Fail

 I bought this cute blue striped dress on clearance from WalMart in hopes of making it a super Refash transformation. However, I ended up with a dud. Luckily this refash has a happy ending!

My thought was to incorporate both the dress and top into one.

I started by cutting out a tear drop shape in the back of the dress.

I cut a small circle of fabric from the floral shirt and pinned it behind the cut out. I think I picked out a nice part of the print.

Once the keyhole part was finished I started on the bottom of the dress.

I cut the bottom of the dress, working around the pockets. Then cut below the sleeves of the shirt.

I pinned the two pieces together. Stitched those together and…..

No. No and NO! Oh what a mess! Could this be anymore unflattering?!? Maybe, but it is pretty bad!

With my quick thinking, I decided to ditch the dress idea. I still loved the keyhole detail in the back so I decided to cut the dress right above the pockets and make this a crop top!

Nice save, huh?

Ian wanted to show off his new sweater!

UPDATE: I wore this top a few days later with a white skirt I found at the thrift store!

Happy Refashioning, Crafting and Upscaling!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

OK, the dress was not great but the crop top is amazing! Way to save the day.
Chickie