Thursday, September 30, 2021

Romper Refash

 I would like to go on record by saying I LOVE rompers Buuut my short legs and long torso, not so much!

I found this adorable tie dye romper at WalMart. It has a very lovely lace back as well. This whole romper was waaaaaay too short in the torso, but I have a fix for that!

I used my seam ripper to separate the romper into top and bottom pieces. I also had to ditch the belt and belt loops.

I found the bottom of a lace top in my scrap pile.

I planned on adding a few inches of the lace in the midsection to get more length out of the romper.

Here is the top sewn to the lace and ready to reattach the two pieces.

Ta da! My romper is fixed!

See how cute the back is?!?

Happy Refashioning, Crafting and Upscaling!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

What a great idea! I have a long torso too. It is always difficult to get a romper or over-alls that fits well. This turned out great.
Chickie