Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Yellow Silk

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I wanted to use this pretty silk fabric from my mother-in-law. It is actually supposed to be used in home decor but today it's going to be a skirt. 

Before-Silk decor fabric. After-A wrap skirt for me. 

I had a long narrow rectangle of yellow floral silk. I decided to make a wrap skirt because the size and shape of the fabric. The weight was great for a wrap skirt too. It was stiff and thick enough to make a great skirt.

I made the skirt but I needed to make some kind of waistband that could tie the skirt closed. I used this bias tape instead of trying to make my own. I did not have that much fabric left over to work with. And this was easy and quick.
 
I added a magnetic snap to keep the skirt layers together inside the skirt. I sewed it in by hand.
 
I wen to the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. You can see the Washington and the Lincoln Monuments behind me. Thanks for reading along, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.
 

 






No comments: