Monday, January 16, 2023

Blue (monday) jeans belt

 


Last year I turned old jeans in to a knitted bath mat (heavy knitting!). As you can see, I saved some interesting fabric scraps from this project. Blue Monday seemed like the perfect moment to use the leftover seams for a new project: a braided jeans belt. 

No better remedy for feeling blue than a creative activity! (Except chocolate maybe...)

I used 3 long seams, a belt buckle and my favourite jeans yarn.


The 3rd seam also functions as a loop!


Then I started braiding...


If you're interested in how I finished the jeans belt, check out my blog vermaakster.blogspot.com. Happy Blue creative Monday!




You are very welcome to visit vermaakster.blogspot.com for more details on this project. Or check out my blog about the jeans bath mat. I promise a step by step explanation in Dutch and English.


1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This is really amazing. I love that you braided it. You made something so unique from an everyday fabric.
Chickie