Thursday, May 18, 2023

Upcycle old jeans into fashionable denim belts with pockets

 


Don't throw away your old jeans.  Refashion them into fun belts with pockets. Read on or watch the video.


Instructions for the simple belt are below.  Instructions for the fringe belt can be found on my blog at Pivot Point Patterns 


Step 1: Remove the belt tabs and waistband



Step 2:  Cut out the pockets with a 1/2" seam allowance a the top of the belt


Step 3:  Sew the pockets to the waistband


Step 4: Flip the pockets over and tack the sides.


Step 5: Enjoy your new belt


For more sewing and upcycling projects, visit my blog Pivot Point Patterns.



3 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

This is really fun and so clever.
Chickie

Vermaakster said...

Oh, I really love this, and it's also a great idea for a gift!

Anielskaaniela said...

fantastic idea !I saw it ealier on your youtube channel , you have biiiigg plus from me 💖🤗