Sunday, August 20, 2023

Old t-shirts turned into a t-shirt dress!


 

I've been browsing through old posts on my blog last week and it's funny how I forgot some of refashions I've done over the past years. I have my personal refashion favorites of course and it was nice to see them again. There's one that I haven't posted here before and would like to share with you. It's such a nice and practical project with garments we usually has lots of: t-shirts. 

You need 3 old t-shirts, or 2 if you like your dresses short. This refashion is the perfect solution for shirts with unflattering necklines or shapes. What I also like about the t-shirts dress is that there are lots of possible color combinations. You can make combinations that are easy for the eye, such as blue and/or grey tones, or you can go for an all black dress. And you can also go wild with color blocking, as I did. 

Trying out different orders before cutting

I played a little with different orders to find out which order I liked the most. If you want to do this project yourself, it might seem unnecessary with black shirts but it can still be helpful! For instance, you can pick the shirt with your favorite neckline at the top. 
In my case, the beautiful scalloped hem of the pink/green knitted top played a big part in my decision to place it at the bottom. That, and the fact that not afraid of color blocking:). 

I looooove the scalloped hem!


A quick fitting showed that there was something missing...

Yes, the dress could do with a belt!




You are very welcome to check out vermaakster.blogspot.com for more details and a step by step explanation.
Until next time!



3 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Good on you! And yes: belt would be fine(r).
How about watching the dress for another while concerning 'wear&tear-behaviour' ?
My idea due to the on the body picture: flexible belt loop to wear a belt either on the fuchsia-side (closer under bust) OR on the blue (?) side ?
Yes, the scalloped hem is to die for!

Your trick here seems to be at least 'ONE/some easier Way' to get a comfy dress in COLOUR - yet a none 'all-colour-mix*-of ridiculousness**-for-(very!)youngsters-only(?) - in Australia = growl, grump and wondering about some market sleepiness for black only!
Oh well, at least I can sew a bit and I'm definitely gladly going to teach (and help) interested ones to not being pressured into the current 'market-dictatorship' either!

LG,
G. Satansbraten


* all-colour-mix is not colour blocking despite the fact of some pink envy towards you being able to fit a fair bit of length of those various blocks into your garment
Body hight seams to be better to not ending up in 'stripes only' which my own 'anti-hight' would, ahem, 'guarantee'; nearly ;-) :-D !

** nearly has got the word "louse" in eat = seems really lousy: not even plain white ones to dye to desire.
Yet I've to admit: most of my same age friends even seem to love this 'lousy-none-fluff-showing-dictatorhsip' making them look over-mature.
At least it keeps them busy with pink-envy watching my own different 'escape solutions'

Sorry my rant: I seem to be a lone too short-legged wrong-thinker to the theme 'colour isn't colour' anyway, hence ignore but thanks a lot for the chance to 'vent' at least occasionally in public. Perhaps I might find similar 'wrong-thinkers' (with similar needs) this way ?

I Can Work With That said...

Love the colors! It is a great combination of t-shirts.
Chickie

Vermaakster said...

Thank you both!