Saturday, December 23, 2023

From Scraps to Skirts: How to Sew 3 Bias Cut Skirts for Beginners (Free PDF Pattern and Video Tutorial)


 

Hello! I have a new video to share with you today. It’s all about how to sew 3 bias cut skirts for beginners, with a free PDF pattern. 🧡

Bias cut skirts are very trendy and flattering. They are also easy to make with some basic sewing skills and a few tips and tricks that I show you in the video. Plus, you can wear them for any occasion, whether you want to dress them up or down. 🌟

But the best part is, I made these skirts from fabric scraps from different projects. Yes, you heard me right. I used leftover fabric from other sewing projects to create these beautiful skirts. This is a great way to use up your stash, save money, and be more sustainable. 🌎

In the video, you will learn how to measure yourself, how to cut the fabric on the bias, how to sew the seams and hem the edges, and how to make the perfect fit for these skirts. You will also get a free PDF pattern that you can download and print at home. πŸ“

I also wrote a detailed post on my blog where I explain more about bias cut skirts, such as:

  • What is a bias cut and why is it so flattering?
  • What kind of fabric should you use for bias cut skirts?
  • How to choose the right size and adjust the pattern if needed?
  • How to care for your bias cut skirts and prevent them from stretching out?

You will also find some photos of my finished skirts and some styling ideas for different occasions. πŸ’ƒ

So, what are you waiting for? Go watch the video and read the post to learn how to sew your own bias cut skirts from fabric scraps. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this one. 😊

You can watch the video here and read the post here. And if you like what you see, please give it a thumbs up, leave a comment, and share it with your friends. And if you haven’t already, please follow me on YouTube and my sewing  blog for more sewing tutorials and tips. πŸ””

Thank you for your support and happy sewing! 😊


 

My blog

 and 

You Tube

 

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

The bias cut makes the skirt so flattering. These are beautiful.
Chickie