Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Little Bustle Love

I took a boring business lady coat thing...(I honestly have no idea what this garment would be called, its like a vest and a coat....a vest-coat?) And I made it awesome. Awesomeness primarily achieved by incorporating a bustle into it. I used black tulle and some satin and pearly-beaded ribbon type trim in addition to changing the garment itself.


And I'm totally loving those pockets it came with too. I found it for 2 dollars at my local thrift store and felt like I had to have it, despite it being completely not my style. I'm really glad I got it now! My first truly steampunk piece!
You can see some more photos here.

2 comments:

Refashion said...

How very clever, and very original! Thanks for sharing on Refashion Co-op!

Erica, Editor on Duty

dameglendamade said...

love the bustle!