Friday, June 24, 2011

Mens shirt refashion

Happy Friday everyone! Well I have one more completed post for Refashion Co-op in my catching up on blogging! I have a bunch more in the works, I am now calling my summer the Summer of sewing and crafts, since I am not healed nor am I cleared for physical activity. Thank goodness for sewing! :)


I decided to take a stab at a men's shirt refashion. I got this pretty blue-striped shirt for $1. I got my idea from cut out and keep. Her tutorial is here

It was relatively painless and pretty easy. It probably took me about an hour, maybe less. most of it was spent figuring out how much I wanted to cut off from everywhere. Oh and the hardest part was also getting the sleeves to sit right and cut them.

End product. Nice shirt to wear during the summer evenings. :) Sorry for the wrinkles, I got caught in a rainstorm. Wanted the picture to finish up my blog. For more on this project check out my blog


Thanks for reading! And here's to it being friday! I get to work on some sewing projects this weekend! :) Yay!

XOXOXO,
LaLaLauren

3 comments:

Adele said...

ohmygosh, that is seriously cute! x

American Nanny said...

Excellent job! I've been experimenting with the whole elastic, gathering, shirring thing and your way is the first time I've seen it done that way, but I like it. Makes it super easy to do and to control the gathering.

Refashion said...

Ooooh, I like the new look!

Jessica
EOD