Friday, August 05, 2011

Teal Dress refashion

I found this teal dress one day and sort of fell for the designs under the bodice. Loved the embroidery but felt the dress just kind of missed cohesiveness. When I got it home I realized it may have been some sort of pajama dress. Well I decided to make it more of a dress, less PJ. :)


Basically, I cut off the length, added bias trim to the bodice and hem. Then I beaded the design with some black seed beads I had in my stash from an old costume. The beading did not take me long as my retard superhuman strength is beading and sequining. The end product (I promise you it is even length!)


Much more dress and less PJ. :)

My parents just left from visiting so now I will be catching up on blogging my project. For more information on this project see my blog. Until next refashion!

XOXOXOXO,
LaLalauren

3 comments:

Elly said...

I love the touch of adding beading to the patterned trim! How elegant@

Refashion said...

Wow, how long did that beading take? Very impressive!

Bryony
EOD

Refashion said...

Very Cute!! :)

-erikah