Sunday, August 28, 2011

Muumuu Madness!!!

Addicted to muumuus you say???  Although I'd hate to admit it, I guess I am and for good reason.  First of all, the muumuu does not discriminate, it ranges in style, comfort, print, and color.  Those dresses that are not "aloha" print are still muumuus even though they are called "house dresses."  Secondly, with the fabric payout on a larger muum, you can make almost anything.  NO, really....anything.  Finally, in their present and intended condition, they are usually ghastly and marked down super cheap at thrift stores because...let's face it...no one under 60 admits to wanting to "rock the muum, yo!"  Take this little ditty for example:
So ghastly it hurts!

The finished product after enlisting the help of one of my freebie jersey tops.  Just in time to check out Maui's own Swap Meet. 
The little guy beating the heat with his Rainbow Shave Ice.

More details on the transformation here on my blog.

Toodles,

Maui Girl

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Definitely rocking the mumu! I like the jersey top that is a clever idea.

Debbie
EOD