Monday, August 01, 2016

#2 August Back to School Eyelet Shirt / Jacket

GOAL: Refashion 10 Items for August Back to School Wardrobe. This is #2.

Back to School in the HOT August Texas Summer:
*Retired from University and will return to Elementary School in one week.
*Dress is business-casual to very casual.
*I will Up-cycle from my University Pre-retirement work stash.

BEFORE: Casual week-end flowered shirt worn open over t-shirt and white capris. Sleeves had already been refashioned into ¾ draw ups.
STEPS: Shortened sleeves so that eyelet sits just below the elbow. Added pre-gathered eyelet to sleeves. Gathered flat eyelet to hem.
AFTER: Semi-bell sleeve shirt-jacket to wear with lilac t-shirt and white capris.
Just cute enough for Elementary school.

Does anybody have bell sleeve ideas??




AFTER: Back to School Shirt / Jacket

Trim is interesting.
It is the first thing to look worn in a grament.
But, when new, it finishes a look and revives the older garment. 

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Awwww shaping young minds. Good luck! I started a new part-time job myself, and I'm in the process of refashioning some of the items in my closest too! I like the addition to the eyelet trim. Nice job.

Jennifer, EOD