Sunday, March 26, 2017

Funky Shirt Refash

This refash pushed me out of my comfort zone. I took a shirt with a very funky bold print. I've got to tell you, I really liked the final result!
dscn1217It's hard to see but the bottom of the shirt has a band of black elastic. Makes it a bubble shirt!
dscn1220I did not care much for the length of thr sleeves. My original idea was to cut the length off the sleeves ans make a new hem. But I was fooling with the new length of the sleeves I rolled the sleeves and decided I liked the rolled up look instead.
dscn1221I rolled the sleeves 3 times and sewed to secure underneath.
dscn1222Then a small stitch to secure the top.
dscn1223I removed the top 3 buttons.
dscn1224I put a small stitch to secure the inside flap around the neck. I wanted to tack it down because it kept popping up and itching my neck.
dscn1225After I removed the top buttons I folded down the front to make a v-neck. Sewed that down.
Pretty snazzy, right!?
We went out for dinner and drinks to celebrate our roomies acceptance into the social work PhD program! She's such a hard worker and we are so proud!
2017-26-3--14-29-40
Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

6 comments:

whatthesew said...

The shirt was a good find, I like the print too.

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you :)

RanchHouse said...

Congrats to Roomie! This is a great accomplishment.
Love these simple changes on a fun print top. Did you keep the elastic band for the bubble shirt? I have a shirt in the stash with a similar band and thinking of what to do.

TheRefashStash said...

She definitely deserves it!
I did keep the elastic band! I really like the bubble shirt! Makes it fun!

cfort82 said...

Fun print and I like the new neck line. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you!