Sunday, September 24, 2017

Black lace dress upgraded

Nice dress, but the long sleeves made it difficult to style, I thought. And difficult to dress down, which I do more often than not.

I always wear a bra, but didn't want it to show on the naked back.

I removed the sleeves and hemmed the arm opening edges.

I had two of these shapewear tops. I once bought them for next to nothing, and when I tried them on, I realised why no one wanted them: The bottom hems rolled up like crazy.
I got one of the tops out and cut off the lower part of it, so it was 11 cm long (10 cm or 4" + seam  allowance). I hemmed the edge and had a short crop top bra cover.


Now a versatile dress for many occasions.



More refashions on my blog (in both Danish and English): http://www.sagaifarver.dk

4 comments:

whatthesew said...

This looks very stylish, a clever solution.

eimear said...

great work, looks fantastic

I Can Work With That said...

I love it. The sleeveless idea is very flattering on you. And I like the way you covered the bra in the back. Genius!
Chickie

Saga said...

Thank you. I really look forward to have an occasion to wear it.