Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Scarf Refashion With Tutorial

Mittie May has once again agreed to model my creations for me. Today she is sporting this gorgeous blue scarf that I have refashioned from a shirt. The shirt was a double layer of the most delicate of fabrics, airy and feminine. Doesn't she look beautiful?

First I cut of the top and sides. I next separated the layers and laid them side by side. I then cut off the pointed ends. Oops. I should have left them on. But got distracted by something my toddler was doing and quickly snipped off the ends. So they have to be sewn back on. Line up the layers end to end and sew them together. Sew the pointed ends back on. Then fold in half lengthwise with right sides together. Turn right side out. And voila. I have another lovely scarf to add to my collection.

You may visit me at Sewing With Trudy.










1 comment:

Refashion said...

Thank you Trudy for such a thorough tutorial. And a lovely scarf!

Debbie
EOD