Saturday, May 12, 2012

My first post, my first ombre

Hi, all!
I'm really excited to join this community. I've been refashioning for ages, so you'll have to forgive me when I haven't always taken a "before" pic-- I'll get into the habit, I promise!

This was a thrift dress that's all light and comfy, but the original color was this beige oatmeal that was way too close to my pale skin tone. So I followed the Rit tutorial to try ombre. It was ridiculously easy, and I love the results. My husband even actually commented on the effect, so you know it's good!

Cheers, Julia

7 comments:

Nettie said...

Gorgeous!! I've been wanting to try ombre dying. This looks great!

Charity Sims-Jenkins said...

Fantastic--I didn't know that technique; looks so easy considering how great the effect comes out. Thanks :-)

vintagevogue said...

I think it turned out really well! I've had that happen too - the clothing color makes it look like you're not wearing any clothing at all, and this is a great solution.

The Renegade Seamstress said...

What a great idea! It turned out so cute!
Happy Saturday!
Beth

learningnewtricks said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your refashions. Love the ombre look. It came out really well, and I might just have to try it myself.

concretenprimroses said...

Beautiful! Nice matching shoes too.
Kathy

Refashion said...

Excellent results! Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD