Friday, May 11, 2012

Arty Bras Exhibition


Hi all!

As soon as I found out about a competition to "create or decorate a booby-licious bra," I immediately challenged myself to make something, even though I didn't have long left to do it!

I decided to make two bras, one that represented me and what I'm doing as Retro: Reinvented, and the other, the first fun idea that popped into my head when I started thinking about it!

Behold... "Retro Mosaic" and "LOOK!" (a.k.a. "the hooters", hehe).

Both bras started out with me picking out a bra to use as a base from my local op shop.

For the "Retro Mosaic", I have been compiling inspiration for a while (particularly through Pinterest) on combining fabrics in different ways, and the Anthropologie Inspired Tote posted recently on this blog by Two Butterflies gave me great ideas too.

The eyes were made using mostly hand stitching for the fabrics, so that the stitches didn't go through the other side (the bra cups were soft and a few mm thick), and I used a hot glue gun to place the feather eyelashes.

You can find out more detail about how I made them on my blog (one post for each bra): Retro Mosaic and LOOK!

The exhibition is tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the feedback is like, and also seeing all the other entries! :)

5 comments:

charlotte said...

how fantastic! I love you're version and would love to see more. x

Unknown said...

Super cool, both of them, congratulations!

gaby said...

gorgeous!!

Bat Ma'am said...

WOW these are really awesome!! I LOVE the 'hooters' one! "Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those peepers!"

Refashion said...

Ambitious and well-done! Glad you participated, even if it was last minute. :) -Seeks, EOD