Friday, May 04, 2012

Recycled Bracelet Part Two

So, I'm really into this next bracelet I made.  As you might remember, I bought some barrettes and after some creative shearing, was left with this piece of plastic which was destined for the waste bin. 


I painted the plastic which took two coats.  Next, I wrapped the brown string around the plastic in a pleasing pattern.  I liked how it turned out so tribal.  I glued a piece of string to the back of one end of the plastic and wrapped more string around it to reinforce it.  Lastly, I sewed a button on the other end so I could fasten the bracelet by wrapping the string around it.  


 I can't keep a goofy grin off of my face every time I think about how I made this bracelet out of a piece of 'trash'.


Visit my blog for more pictures and details.

2 comments:

The Renegade Seamstress said...

I love how this turned out! So cool and clever!

Refashion said...

Loving the closure idea. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD