Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lime Tier Skirt to Swing Dress

When I picked up this Op shop skirt it had enough material for 2 skirts and looked very bulky but I loved the colour and the Broderie Anglaise fabric so I unpicked the side seam and cut out a section saving it for the bodice, I based the dress on Gerties Buttericks pattern B5882, fitted with a boned bodice, I loved the style and I finished it with a trim at the waist.
I also whipped up a tulle petticoat and headed out for the Esther House Foundation Fund-raising Swing Ball with my bestie Sherl, a wonderful night was head by all.

                                                        


6 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great!!! xx

Carissa said...

I love it! Nice job!

Refashion said...

Oh, what a fab dress - loving those matching shoes too

Debbie EOD

Unknown said...

Ooo thanks ladies !!

Unknown said...

What do you call that style with the boob sling?

embroidery digitizing service in us said...

Looking forward to more amazing articles from you.