Saturday, February 20, 2021

Something new, something old

 Last year I started a lot of refashioning projects I just didn't finish because... I suppose I was preoccupied with other things.  So this year my word for the year is FINISH.  

 

And nothing compels me to finish like a hard deadline - we're expecting a new arrival between now and the end of March (not me but another close family member).  So, a finished refashion at last!  Two old t-shirts were cut up to make two new baby rompers.  The orange one was a previous refashion / tie dye I did with the Mamma-to-be a very long time ago and I kept because the colour was so good.  The pattern is this baby onesie or bodysuit from Small Dream Factory



 

 

It all went swimmingly right until the very end.  The applique went well too - Mamma's a fan of that long running BBC TV series and the orange background just needed it.  And then I applied, or attempted to apply, the poppers and they were bad.  Really bad.  They were so misshapen when applied they didn't close but removing them (I removed one) damaged the fabric.  Mega grumpy face.  I ended up applying hook and loop over the top but it was all a bit messy.  All the fault of the cheaply made poppers.





And then, while I was taking the photos, a better solution occurred to me and now it's a t-shirt.  I've cut out one more of the navy to be bound in orange and I'll use popper tape this time (now I've seen it, so much simpler).

Happy refashioning and finishing!

Mimi

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This is so cute. I love the arrow.
Chickie