Sunday, January 30, 2022

Faux Fur Vest

 

It’s winter, which means it’s cold and definitely not my favorite time of year. I was gifted this amazingly warm faux fur vest from neighbor Sandy!

I hoped this would be an quick and easy refash because all it needed was to be sized down a bit…..I was wrong. This faux fur and sweater material on the back proved to be super thick making it very frustrating to work with.

First I pulled the back tighter, pinned and sewed in place. I made sure I went slow and changed my needle to a heavy duty one.

I did the same to the sides. Took it in by a good 2- 21/2 inches.

Again, slow and steady wins the race!

I paired my new warm and cozy vest with some faux leather leggins and my super warm snow boots.

It was my mom’s Birthday and we went out to dinner in a snowstorm to celebrate! Needless to say I had a very warm and cute outfit!

Happy Refashioning, Crafting and Upscaling!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This looks great. I have not worked with fur or fake fur. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Chickie