Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Sweatshirt to Dress

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been refashioning cozy clothes all of January. This sweatshirt was cozy but it was also very maternity looking on me. 

Before and after.

I used this sheer floral shirt to add some length to my sweatshirt. It adds some interest and texture too. 

I only needed a piece from the body of the shirt. I cut a 4 inch piece off the shirt. It is going in the middle of my sweatshirt. 

I reattached the skirt and tried to make sure the fabric was evenly spread around the new dress. I decided to make pleats. I just folded the fabric down and stitched the dress all together. 


The added panel in the middle made this sweatshirt long enough to be a mini dress. It was cozy and soft. I loved it. I added an off-white cami under the dress for warmth and to cover my stomach a little more. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to my blog, I Can Work With That.




2 comments:

Maria said...

Nice transformation! I was wondering how you were going to handle all that excess material in the waist area. Pleating it was a good solution.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! I didn’t want it too puffy around the hips. I thought pleats might lay flat. Or more flat that just gathering the fabric.
Chickie 😀