Wednesday, May 29, 2013


Are you pinning?   Oh my goodness…I am pinning things left and right.   I’m overstimulated, to tell you the truth, by all the awesome ideas I see.  It’s so easy to pin, but to actually reproduce the awesomeness takes a lot more effort.  I started a new board called “I pinned it and did it!” for those projects/ideas/recipes/ that I, you know, actually tried out.  So far there are 28 on that board. 921 pins left to go.  
WP_20130313_003Anyway, this hot pink scarf was “pin-spired”.   I took a thrifted pashmina (which is a scarf.  I didn’t know that until 2 years ago.  Don’t feel bad if you didn’t know; it can be the one new thing you learned today.) and a twin bed skirt from an estate sale and sewed them together.
It is quite gigantic.  It looks cool in this windy picture, but it’s just way too much fabric for me to toss around my neck. 
WP_20130313_001







The colour is off, but this is the original pashmina with the stringy ends. “fringe”, I guess.  I cut those off, then sewed the bed skirt to the straight edge.  I wore it once and then decided it was no good.   I cut off the bed skirt portion off and try again with the chunkiest lace I could find in my stash.




WP_20130524_001
Final product:  lace edged pashmina.  I wear it constantly and get comments on it all the time.  Hot pink + lace= a winning (easy) refashion!
Love,
Amy Jo @ The Little Moments

2 comments:

cookiecrumbs said...

I love the 'pinned it and did it' board idea! Great work on the scarf too! (I love pashminas, too :-)

ETHEEA said...

great idea with the pinning. Have to try it!