Saturday, October 12, 2013

Drapey Leather Jacket

For this week's Refashion Runway challenge - leather - I picked up this simple, A-line, black suede skirt at the thrift shop.

Suede & Knit Jacket

Since there wouldn't be enough fabric there for the jacket I had in my head, I supplemented this thrift store find with an extra large long-sleeved tee from my heavier days.

Suede & Knit Jacket

I created sleeves from the back of my skirt and the front of the skirt became the back of my jacket. Then I used some scraps and the front and back of my tee to create the front panels of the jacket. Finally, the t-shirt's sleeves were joined end-to-end to become a collar.

This one was definitely a challenge, but I think it came out splendidly!

Suede & Knit JacketSuede & Knit Jacket

Now you have two choices:
1. Go to CarissaKnits for more pics and details on my project, or
2. Go to Renegade Seamstress to see the other contestants' entries and vote for your favorite.
Or you know, you could open both links in separate tabs. Go ahead, do it! I dare you!

4 comments:

Eileen Cox said...

(When I am done gasping....) I have two of these type of suede skirts that were gifted to me recently because I do refashions as well - I have FINALLY figured out what I want to do with them, so thank you! This turned out quite well!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this! :)
~Jen

Refashion said...

Wow - the jacket looks so good.

Debbie EOD

April Rogers-Krick said...

Your jacket is amazing. I love that you not only refashioned it you turned it into something completely different. Beautiful job.