Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cobweb Wrap

Here's a quick little no-sew refashion for you! I grabbed this child's handmade dress from the thrift store weeks ago because the skirt overlay reminded me of cobwebs, and though I had no specific plans, I thought it could be an interesting Halloween project.

Cobweb WrapCobweb Wrap

I grabbed my scissors and chopped off the overlay. Then I sliced up the back seam, and I've got myself a new wrappy, scarfy thing.

Cobweb Wrap

I'm sure that's make total sense, but just in case, there are more details and pics at CarissaKnits!

3 comments:

IWOM said...

I'd have to get my husband to hide my scissors: I'd be tempted to keep cutting to make more obvious pronounced cobwebs! Clearly you have more restraint than I do!

Suggestion: trim the 90 degree corners so they are a little softer?

IWOM: EOD

PS- TY for sitting tight….

Sandy said...

much better use for that fabric than originally!
Sandy in the UK

Carissa said...

Great idea on the rounded corners, IWOM! I think I'll try that!

No worries on the timing. I can be patient. :)