Thursday, October 24, 2013

From Boring and Stained to Cute Girl's Dress

Hi everyone, I'm happy to be a new contributor to the Refashion Co-op! I recently began refashioning after reading refashion blogs for about a year.

Here is my first refashion:

My daughter had a nice yellow top with some small stains on the front. She also had a jumper that was boring. I put the two together to make something that she would actually wear.

I used the top of the shirt and the bottom of the jumper to make a new dress.


I sewed the two pieces together, but the joining seam poked out sideways. I fixed that by topstitching on the skirt, catching the seam allowances under the topstitching.


The last step was to take the ties from the jumper and sew them onto the top. The design conceals the stains.


My daughter loves the dress and it is her new favorite. I smile every time I see her wear it.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I can see why she likes it!
Sandy in the UK

jennifer elliott said...

Welcome! I love the combination of the dress and the shirt. Lovely refashion.

IWOM said...

'The design conceals the stains'.

Are there a sweeter five words for refashioning?

(Rhetorical).

IWOM: EOD

Andrea said...

Welcome and cute refashion! I am working on getting my son to embrace refashioned clothing, and I think he's finally starting to like the idea of having something no one else has! I love that your girl likes your refashions so much!!! Good job :)

April Rogers-Krick said...

I love it. It is so cute and so is your daughter. She looks adorable.