Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Collars

So showing refashion of shirts yesterday, let's move to neck ties. Because if you have plenty of shirts for refashion, for sure ties will come with it.

I'm not even sure, how I came up with these collars. I think it supposed to be obi belt, but then I changed my mind. To make them does not take science, but a loads of patience. That's because of silk (bottom part). You need to undo whole tie and then fold it, all by hand, with help of iron, and you also need to be careful, as silk is a very fine and very special material to work with. Then you add what you like - I used faux leather and satin. I also used zippers for dramatic effect.

Turn some nice music on while creating it. Long song!

I posted more pictures of these collars on my Bartinki blog and facebook page. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Elizabeth Ribons said...

I am very impressed and looked at some of your other pieces on your blog. I like your work. (Elizabeth Ribons Dzyn Ur Lyf)

Rad Rag Designs said...

Not often do I comment on others work, but, I really like what you have done here! Very Cool.

Jenni said...

There are really cool, very high fashion and yet wearable! Good work!
Jenni
EOD

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love the shape of these.

American Nanny said...

Love these! I think you've invented an entire new fashion concept. These are part statement necklace, part scarf, part collar ... I can see using these to change up a plain t-shirt or sweater.

Kiki said...

this is awesome! how do you make these?

Unknown said...

Thanks! Kiki - it's precise work and requires a lot of patience - undoing tie, ironing in half, folding into ruffles for the length of the zipper, ironing again, sewing on, handsewing studs... But the outcome is worth it I guess...