Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Intro and make-up bag made from a skirt and scarf

Hi everyone!!

I'm so excited to be here!  My name's Selena and I'm from the west of England.  I call my own blog Sew Selena because it describes who I am and what I love to do.  I love nothing more than to find new uses for preloved items of fabric.

I had this lovely embroidered brown cord skirt that I adored but didn't wear very often. I didn't want to throw it away so I decided to see if I could create something special out of it; something that I would use more often. So I came up with a make-up bag, added a matching scarf as a lining and here is the resulting bag:


It's so much more useable now!


You can see a tutorial of how I made it on my blog:  http://sewselena.blogspot.com/2011/09/monday-make-make-up-bag.html




2 comments:

Wag Doll said...

This is so pretty, the colours are lovely x

Jenni said...

Gorgeous! Great use of the embroidery panels!
Jenni EOD