Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wrap dress

In a Make Do and Mend frame of mind I used a vintage bed sheet to make this dress up. I have been coveting a vintage Swirl dress for some time. These dresses are hard to come by (at least where I am from). I finally came to the conclusion that if I wanted one I would have to knock one off.
So this is my interpretation. The trim was salvaged from a vintage dress that was in poor shape. I kind of got stuck on the Swirl project and had to make a couple more to get some design ideas worked out. So I'm over here still making dresses if you've time to stop in and say hi.


3 comments:

Jenni said...

Love the green, looks so retro! You just need some vintage jadeite...

Jenni
EOD

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

That fabulous dress was a bedsheet? You are amazing!

fluffnnonsense said...

lovely!! love the green and the style and the trim xxx great job!!