Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mona Lisa Skirt



Hi there.
Here's another fluffnnonsense post.
I've started making this skirt ages ago and then put it down... BIG mistake!! I've had a little bit of time these school holidays so i thought i'd get around to finally finishing it.
Its made from all recycled, upcycled and thrifted materials.
The Mona Lisa was a teatowel which was so beautiful i just knew it had to be featured in one of my skirts. The fabrics, ribbons, fringing and beading are all thrifted. I like to stick to just a few colours and add lots of texture into my skirts. Its wrap around and i use mens ties for the ties for extra cuteness. xx

1 comment:

Lollean said...

This is super awesome!!! I have never seen Mona Lisa look so hip. Great use of doilies on the skirt too. This one is sure to be noticed everywhere you go! Well done.