Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pillow Case Tunic Top

made from king size pillow cases
Using my old king size pillow cases that were 100% cotton and so soft, I referred to my Japanese Stylish Dress Book, pattern X, to create this top.  I must tell you, even though it's marked one size fits all, it still came out quite large. 
back view
It's a very simple pattern to work with.  I made it a little longer than called for because I wanted to include all the lace trim at the bottom.  But it still seemed a bit to plain to me at the neckline...
with scrap lace scarf thingy added
Do you think that's better? 
  
To see me wearing it, go to Project Minima, Three's a Charm and scroll down to that pic.


2 comments:

Refashion said...

sure doesn't look like a pillowcase to me! I like the additional lace too!
Jenni
EOD

pao said...

That's the pillow case part!