Saturday, December 29, 2012

Denim jacket to satchel refashion

Fifty years ago a Levi's denim jacket was lovingly embroidered for a husband-to-be.



2012 I was asked to create a bag from it.  A memory.

So between us we chose a satchel.

I added a denim shirt and a pair of jeans.  I also wanted to use as much of the original jacket as possible.

I had to make sure I planned really well where each piece was to go before I cut into the precious jacket.

The rainbow was appliqued inside the front pocket.



I used the waistband of the jacket to make the front pocket gusset - it was the exact size I needed! 


The ram was used to make the back and top of the satchel.  Whilst the branch was appliqued onto the front.


And here is the end result - one denim satchel with lots of memories and love attached!



There are more details of how the satchel was created on my blog:

Happy refashioning everyone!




6 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Great satchel. Fabulous story. We are the custodians of what has past before us. It is lovely that you have preserved a wonderful memory.

Sandy said...

You have done so well to save the memories. I am glad you showed the satchel.
Sandy in the uk

Refashion said...

wonderful! It continues to celebrate a relationship even years later. :) -Seeks, EOD

Ernie's Mum said...

Lovely to be able to preserve the memory and make something unique and useful.

Ernie's Mum said...

Lovely to be able to preserve the memory and make something unique and useful.

Unknown said...

Denim jacket are something that don't change overtime and are in fashion irrespective of all times and you seem to amazing created a satchel, it looks amazing.