Sunday, December 16, 2012

Jeans Bags

I made a few bags this week using some of my son's old jeans. I had started them as samples in the Spring when I was asked to do a recycle workshop. At the time, I only added simple trims because it was a 2 hour workshop. They have been on the 'to do' pile since then because I wanted to add more to them.

I finally got to work on them. I hope to use them for gifts. There is a tutorial on my blog if you want to see how to do the basic bag. The ideas for trims is up to you!

Here are a couple with lace trim.
front

back

and they all have the secret pocket where the fly zip is.

I had also developed a different type of bag from the left over legs. These I trimmed with fabric.
I really like how they came out. They have a large pocket on the front and on the back.

Not sure if I will make any more before Christmas or not. Those were the ones cut. I need to work out who else needs presents.

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Great for your upcoming workshop! -Seeks, EOD