Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Folklore skirt

I was very lucky to get vintage traditional clothing over 40 years old - from West of Slovakia (where I come from). The embroidery is just...fantastic. Every item is different, carrying stories of someone great-grandma, or grand-ma. With material like this, refashion is not that hard. I had to fix lace, some stitiching, lace, and I added satin stripes for wrapping. The skirt became overskirt - I love overskirts with leggings! (because leggings are too tight, yet comfy, and skirt gives me more comfidence!) On top of it, high waist and ruffled sides and back equals fantastic feminine curve shape. Who wouldn't like that? I have new favorite in my closet - and I'm on hunt for more folklore clothing. I think these pieces are not necessary good only for museums.






I have more pics on my blog. Cheers to our great-grandmas!

7 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

Krasny!

Sew Her Style said...

I love it!

Fanny said...

Love it! I especially adore these kinds of skirts where the front is open...

Unknown said...

These are wonderful! I love the fabrics and the style- what a great way to NOT be uncomfortable in leggins. Now I'll be eyeballing my grandmother's traditional Norwegian overskirts in a whole new way...

Huli said...

gorgeous girl! very lovely refashions x

Refashion said...

Love the fabrics and what a great way to bring such craftsmanship and culture to the forefront of fashion. :) -Seeks, EOD

Andrea said...

Love the fashion forwardness of this! Isn't it awesome that it comes from vintage clothes!?!? You are a beautiful model as well. Super cool!