Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY Gift Idea from some old suede trousers....


Stop Press! Over a week into December, and I've just got my first handmade gift finished! (Someone needs to get a serious wriggle on!) This little needle roll (there's a step by step to follow on my blog tomorrow ) made to house a set of yummy bamboo crochet hooks I found on eBay. (Superfast delievery too if you're interested and in UK. Can't vouch for overseas delivery) You may recognise the suede from a previous project.... Yep I'm getting my money's worth out of those suede trousers...

Kerry may recognise the button. It's from the ONLY giveaway I've ever won...

The inner "pocket" is made from a remnant of some thrifted curtains....

So essentially this neat little needle roll cost me zero to make!

If you fancy making one, there'll be a step by step up on my blog tomorrow.

How's your gift making going? Any handmade gift ideas/tutorials to recommend? I'm all ears!



3 comments:

twobutterflies said...

beautiful!

Huli said...

love the suede, this is also a great idea for make-up brushes ;)

Refashion said...

Beautiful! I'm sure the gift will be a great hit! -Seeks, EOD