Sunday, July 17, 2011

Denim on My Mind

My three teenage daughters go through a lot of pairs of jeans. Some they wear to death, some they cut off into shorts, some they tire of and pass on. If a pair is still wearable as-is or is easily mendable, I pass them on to our fabulous local thrift store. If they're a lost cause, I add them to my denim stash. Here are a few things I've made recently . . .


. . . a small area rug, a lunch bag, a tote, and a pair of slippers. They're all my own designs. The slippers were inspired by the denim revolution slippers tutorial, but I ended up drafting my own pattern and assembly method. The lunch bag was originally a single leg, while the tote was two legs sewn together. The "trim" on the lunch bag and slippers is stash t-shirt strips. So is the script on the tote bag.

I still have lots of denim left, so there will be more projects to come!

P.S. Thanks for the encouraging comments on my first post. I'm delighted to be participating in such a great community.

3 comments:

Em said...

So many great ways to use denim! They look great. And so well timed, I just found a whole box of denim bits that I want to use up before they die of old age in a box lol Thanks for the inspiration :)

Refashion said...

What a great variety of uses. The slippers are so cite and I like the idea of a denim patchwork rug.

Debbie
EOD Mondays

Nancy said...

i love your gorgeous denim makeovers!