Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Hi all, hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!  I found this knit sweater in my grandma's closet. Definitely too big and outdated for me. I love shades of this green/blue, but this is a bit bright for me. Hopefully the addition of the black trim tones it down.





I modeled the shape of my refashion after this light jacket at Modcloth. I took the sweater completely apart, removed the pockets, flipped the front upside down, and took in the arms and sides. I'm pretty happy with the results.







Check it out at www.patchworkpastries.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What an awesome transformation. I love the "after"! Great job!
~Jen :)

Unknown said...

The black trim works so great with that color.

cookiecrumbs said...

Looks amazing! I love this upside-down jacket idea!

Unknown said...

Wow that is an amazing change - love the colour too. Fits beautifully.
Eddie EOD

Terra the Reuser said...

Super cute!

DressUpNotDown said...

From dated to modern...wonderful refashion!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Lovenicky said...

What a transformation! The upside down idea is genius!

Cucicucicoo said...

that is incredible!! those 80's sweaters are so awful, and you made it into something so cool! nice work! :) lisa

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very stylish....very clever.

concretenprimroses said...

Gorgeous!
Kathy