Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Tee Skirts for Spring

I've been making skirts like crazy and love how each one reveals itself as I go along sewing and designingThis one has an appliqued image from a kid's tee

Back view

I used up some of my thousands of scraps

and hid a very chopped up hem.

The button down skirts can be tricky to fit unlike the forgiving knits

I used up parts of a few shirts and more scraps

This piece from another shirt front gives an extra pocket on the hip.

Much of this skirt is from fabric that is new but was end of run or found at my local thrift store.          
The waist band is from the hem of a tee. I end up with a lot of circular pieces when
 I cut tees shorter to make waistbands for dresses.

back view

Patterns galore and very Springy. Not a winter skirt at all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! :)
~Jen

Unknown said...

Good job, I really like those skirts!
MammaNene

SergerPepper.blogspot.it

Unknown said...

I love them. Very Creative

Love Flow said...

Way cute!!

Unknown said...

Ah, these are so *fun*! Do you use a pattern, and fit your scraps to that, or...? Very cute! Thanks for the inspiration- I've a ton of scraps that need used!

- Heather, The Real Leopardstripes

DressUpNotDown said...

I'm in love with them ALL. The scrappy details are so much fun!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Adele said...

Very cute. I especially like the last one.

Adele - EOD

Cucicucicoo said...

wow, i love those! they're all so colorful and interesting! the fabrics on the 1st and 3rd ones are wonderful and i really like how you added the sides to the button-down shirt one. nice work! :) lisa

Suzanne said...

Thank you all for commenting. Feedback is really helpful to see direction in my work. Heather, no patterns. Once you do a few,it becomes second nature to get what you envision. Try it, you'll see.