Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Quick Dye Job

Now, I'm not one for dyeing my hair...even though the grays are quickly taking over at the ripe age of 31 :-( But, I am all for dyeing clothing and accessories to give them a longer life in my wardrobe! Enter a pair of white jeans that I'd simply given up wearing with a messy 4 year old son. First, I chopped them off and wore them once as shorts for this year's 4th of July celebrations. Next, I bought a powder dye and followed the directions on the back to give my new cutoffs a bright summer color! They didn't dye evenly simply because I crumpled them up so that they wouldn't dye evenly :) I left them in the dye bath for maybe 10 minutes, but the longer you leave them the more vibrant the color...especially with natural fabrics. Love how they turned out!


I paired them with a thrifted silk shell and some gladiator sandals for a light and bright summer outfit today! Oh, did I mention the original jeans were thrifted too?!

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Love that colour!
Sandy in the UK

IWOM said...

Honestly, is there something in the world that dye can't make better?

:-)

IWOM: EOD

(Started going grey at 17, stopped dying at age 34, been real happy with that these past mumble mumble years!).